Saturday, March 3, 2012

Fields

As I flew over Pennsylvania last weekend, I thoroughly enjoyed the view of changing landscapes - winter to spring and woods to fields to villages and cities.  From my windowseat I had a marvelous perspective of the state.  This is nature's patchwork;  an everchanging collage of colors and textures. Each single field has its own character and life - individual, but, yet related to its neighbor. Needless to say, observing this  on a fantastic (almost) spring afternoon, has inspired me again to paint.  The new ideas are still forming in my mind, so, for now I'll post two of my favorite field impressions in watercolor and ink.

Fields


My thought for today comes from Vincent vanGogh - my favorite painter of fields:

"Great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together."


Patchwork

No comments:

Post a Comment