Thursday, November 19, 2015

The Best Plans. . .

A week ago I was in the midst of rehearsing Dvorák's 7th  Symphony  - a truly  wonderful work full of exuberance and drama. It is my favorite of all the Dvorák symphonies,  unfortunately performed too seldom. So, I was very happy to have the chance after many years to reacquaint myself with this work. With all of Dvorák's beautiful melodies in my mind,  I had also developed a mental outline for a corresponding blogpost full of colors inspired by the rich harmonies and rhythms, especially in the symphony's  third movement. This recording my not be the best of them all, but I chose it because the conductor, Jose Serebrier is married to a distant cousin of mine - a shirttail relative! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAvQJB6P9sg

And then came Friday evening and the events in Paris. . . . I won't dwell on this subject here; we have heard the news and listened to the editorials and politicians and read the many facebook comments. It is over, but the effects will be with us for a very long time.

My art selection this week isn't something new - I rather wanted to choose a painting that exudes calm peace. I hope the world can find it, too.

Winter Cranes


No comments:

Post a Comment