Sunday, April 22, 2012

April Flowers

After a long absence, I was was able to spend Friday evening painting with my group of friends again. We experiment and hatch out new ideas - give support, praise and a bit of critique - and have a good share of laughs, too.  All in all, it is a wonderfully creative atmosphere.  While one of my fellow artists was pondering over how to paint a dandelion gone to seed, my thoughts turned to Oskar Koller- one of my very favorite watercolor painters.  Koller was occupied with capturing the essence and strength (Kraft) of a situation.  His forms and figures lack many details, but are full of energy and color. . . a source of inspiration for me and, for anyone who hasn't come in contact with his work, definiitely worth checking out.

The combination of Oskar Koller and the dandelion problem led to my "April Flowers." Let me know what you think. .. . I would love to hear some feedback.


While doing a bit of research, I ran into this quote from Hedy Lamarr:
"A good painting to me has always been like a friend.  It keeps me company, comforts and inspires."

Nice thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment